These Terms and Conditions are intended to describe the procedures applicable to the organizing services of travel packages provided by Experience Portugal Travel.
In addition to the terms described herein, the booking process for the services included in the travel package is also conditioned by the individual terms of each service provider, including booking procedures, availability, or cancellation policy. These terms are simultaneously available with the description of each activity.
By confirming the booking (or booking request), you accept all service conditions, including the cancellation policy.
We reserve the right to change and/or update these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice, so you should consult the conditions periodically and prior to booking on the platform.
The organization of travel packages is the responsibility of the travel agency Experience Portugal Travel, a brand owned by Travellab Viagens e Turismo, Lda, a company based in Travessa Várzea da Lapa 2665 620 Venda do Pinheiro, Tax Contributor No. 510 174 450, with the registered share capital of €5,000.00, registered at the Commercial Registry Office of Lisbon and RNAVT no. 4493 and RNAAT 95/2012, with the telephone number 219 662 754 and the email firstname.lastname@example.org (from now on, “Travellab”).
In some travel packages, the realization of some services is also the responsibility of different partners such as hotels, tour guides, tourist animation companies, restaurants, among others.
Travellab is responsible for the correct execution of all travel services included in the travel contract.
4. Travel Insurance
Travellab’s liabilities arising from the obligations assumed in the travel contract and arising from the law are guaranteed by a Civil Liability Insurance at the insurance company AGEAS and the Travel Agencies Guarantee Fund (FGAV).
The travel packages do not include individual travel insurance, so we recommend that you contract traveler’s insurance prior to the trip, which includes medical expenses, travel cancellation, and other related losses.
5. Services Provided
Travellab provides customized travel packages. The travel packages may include several services, from hotels, activities, experiences, transportation, guided tours, among others. Our reservation and coordination services are already included in the prices shown as well as all taxes and VAT, except tourist city tax that differs from city to city.
6. Booking Process
6.1 New Request
To take advantage of our services, the Customer sends an email, using the information found on the website, and will receive a response within a maximum of two working days.
It will be suggested to schedule a telephone contact for a better understanding of the Client’s preferences.
After collecting all the necessary information, Travellab sends a proposal, with the mention of the services included and prices with VAT, except tourist city tax that differs from city to city.
After receiving the proposal, the Client has the possibility to clarify whether he wants to make changes to the proposal indicating by email all the services he/she wants to change.
6.3 Deadline for Booking
When the Customer is satisfied with the proposal and wishes to proceed with the reservation, the Client must pay 30% of the total amount of the proposal.
The price in the proposal is only valid up to 48 hours after receiving the proposal and will only be guaranteed after payment of the deposit.
Otherwise, changes in the final price may occur as a result of the quotation provided by the partners, especially with regard to hotels and airlines.
Until the booking is not confirmed by the Customer, prices are subject to change.
6.4 Booking Confirmation
To confirm the reservation, the Customer must send an email and indicate interest in confirming the reservation.
Travellab will book the services included in the proposal.
After confirmation by the partners, Travellab sends the Customer the link for the payment of the deposit, corresponding to 30% of the total amount of the proposal.
In case there’s a flight booking, payment will be 100% of the total amount.
After confirmation of payment, the reservation is confirmed.
6.5 Final Payment
The final payment of the remaining 70% of the total trip will be due 90 days before the arrival date.
7. Customer Obligations
By registering for a travel package organized by Travellab, the Customer undertakes to:
- Pay for it, according to the payment plan presented to you at the time of booking;
- To become aware of and accept these Terms and Conditions of participation as well as the particular conditions of the program in which the Customer signs up;
- Read and sign the Term of Responsibility for the travel package concerned and/or activities included therein;
- Read, sign and comply with the Code of Conduct relating to the program in question submitted to you by Travellab and/or any other entity participating in the organization of the program (in the event that the traveler is a minor, the Code of Conduct is signed by him and his/her legal representative);
At the time of travel, it is the sole responsibility of the Client:
- Any documentation (citizen card, passport, authorization for minors, visas, vaccination certificate, and other necessary) required for travel, unless expressly indicated in the travel program;
- Search and read all necessary information regarding the documentation required for travel with embassies/ consulates of its own country;
- In the case of a trip that includes a rent-a-car service, the Customer must present a valid national driving license that has been maintained for at least 1 year. An international driving license (IDP) is highly recommended for non-EU residents. In addition, an identity photo (passport, etc.) along with a valid credit card are requested.
The Customer’s failure to comply with the obligations mentioned is a justification for Travellab’s cancellation of the reservation. Such cancellation implies the loss of the deposit fee and payment by the Customer of all expenses incurred by Travellab as a result of such cancellation.
8. Cancellation Policy
All cancellations, either at the customer’s initiative or at Travellab’s initiative, must be made in writing to the email address indicated on the website.
- The deposit fee, corresponding to 30% of the total amount of the reservation, will not be refundable. This amount will be used to pay for the non-refundable expenses (Administrative costs and Marketing fees) that Travellab had from the time of the initial request until the confirmation of the reservation.
- The penalties of cancellation are the following:
- 90-61 days before travel date: penalty of 50% of the total booking
- 60-46 days before travel date: penalty of 75% of the total booking
- 45 days before travel date: penalty of 100% of the total booking
- In the event that the cancellation occurs at the initiative of Travellab, the Client will be fully refunded for the amount paid, unless otherwise agreed between the Customer and Travellab.
- If the Client does not fully comply with the cancellation policy, or in case of no-show, the Client will not be refunded.
- The return of the funds in situations of reimbursement to the Client will be carried out within a maximum of thirty days, and through the same method of payment.
9. Types of Payment
Travellab uses payment processing systems that ensure total security, speed, and simplicity in your bookings.
There are 3 forms of payments:
- Credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, and Amex
- PayPal (with an extra charge of 3%)
- Bank transfer/Wire transfer (discounts may apply)
10. Protection of Personal Data
- Travellab uses the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol to encrypt and protect Customers’ personal information. Your payment details will never be stored.
- Travellab has the right to cancel any booking if there is a reasonable suspicion of misuse of your card or identity.
- Travellab acknowledges that it is responsible for the security of Customers’ personal information, which it processes and stores under this service. Travellab is not responsible for misuse or disclosure of Customer information by partners.
11. Customer Ombudsman
Complaints or requests regarding the services provided must be made by email and in a timely manner in order to give Travellab the opportunity to correct, resolve failures or services not corresponding to what was booked. As an organizer /intermediary, Travellab always offers support and intermediation in the correction of the service poorly provided or in the proposal of alternative equivalent services.
In the case of disputes, and under Law No. 144/2015 of September 8, we inform you that you may use the following Alternative Consumer Dispute Resolution Entities:
- Customer Provider of Travel and Tourism Agencies, through the contacts:
Address: Rua Duque de Palmela, 2‐1º Dtº,1250‐098 Lisboa
- Portuguese Tourism Arbitration Commission in www.turismodeportugal.pt;
- or to any of the entities duly indicated in the list provided by the General Consumer Directorate in www.consumidor.pt, whose consultation we advise.
These Terms and Conditions, the provision of the services by the partners and all content present on the platform, will be governed by Portuguese law, any legal dispute will be the jurisdiction of the competent court in Lisbon, Portugal.